Pizza Puffs Recipe
These pizza puffs are perfectly portioned treats for any time of the day. Great for lunchboxes, picnics, or a tasty side dish at dinner
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 45 mins | Serves: 24
- 2 tbsp butter or oil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 pouch Tomato & Basil Napoli Pasta Sauce
- Fresh basil
- Fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- Optional meat addition: ham cubes, slice pepperoni
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees.
- Rinse and finely chop basil and parsley.
- Heat up the butter or oil in a pan over medium heat and add garlic. Stir for 15 seconds.
- Add Tomato & Basil Napoli Pasta Sauce and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer for 5 minutes and turn off the heat. If adding ham or pepperoni, add it here.
- Flatten out the puff pastry and cut into rectangles. Spoon the sauce mixture onto one side of the puff pastry and top with mozzarella.
- Use the beaten egg as glue around the edge of the puff pastry. Fold the puff pastry over and crimp the edges down with a fork or your fingers.
- Repeat with the remaining puff pastry and sauce mixture and brush the top of the pockets with the egg wash.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until the pockets are puffed and golden.
Shop for the Australian Organic Food Co. Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce online at auspantry.com