Creamy Tomato Pasta Bake Recipe
Why not jazz up your regular pasta dish by making it into a pasta bake? The key to a great pasta bake is its creaminess and cheesiness. If you’re up for it, sprinkle on some mozzarella along with the parmesan before baking for a gorgeous melted cheese moment!
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 45 mins | Serves: 4
- 250g rigatoni
- Pinch of salt for pasta water
- 2 tbsp butter or oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced (or 1 tsp garlic
- 1 pouch Tomato Passata
- Pinch of sugar
- Salt and pepper to season
- Fresh basil leaves
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 250ml thickened cream
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Add water in a pot with salt. Once boiling, add pasta and cook as per instructions on pasta packet, less 2 minutes. Drain.
- Melt butter/heat oil in a large pot or saucepan. Add garlic, stir for 15 seconds then add the pasta sauce. Season with a pinch of sugar and salt, stir, then bring to a simmer.
- Add in the fresh basil.
- Gradually add the cream and stir as you go. Add flour 1 tbsp at a time, stirring after each one. Ensure there are no clumps.
- Add the parmesan and season with salt and pepper as needed. Simmer on low for3-4 minutes.
- Add the cooked pasta into the sauce and stir to evenly coat the pasta.
- Place the coated pasta into a casserole dish and spread evenly. Top with extra parmesan and bake for 25 minutes or until the top is golden and bubbly.