Creamy Tomato Pasta Bake Recipe
Why not jazz up your regular pasta dish by making it into a pasta bake? The key to a great pasta bake is its creaminess and cheesiness. If you’re up for it, sprinkle on some mozzarella along with the parmesan before baking for a gorgeous melted cheese moment!
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 45 mins | Serves: 4
- 250g rigatoni
- Pinch of salt for pasta water
- 2 tbsp butter or oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced (or 1 tsp garlic
- 1 pouch Tomato Passata
- Pinch of sugar
- Salt and pepper to season
- Fresh basil leaves
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 250ml thickened cream
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Add water in a pot with salt. Once boiling, add pasta and cook as per instructions on pasta packet, less 2 minutes. Drain.
- Melt butter/heat oil in a large pot or saucepan. Add garlic, stir for 15 seconds then add the pasta sauce. Season with a pinch of sugar and salt, stir, then bring to a simmer.
- Add in the fresh basil.
- Gradually add the cream and stir as you go. Add flour 1 tbsp at a time, stirring after each one. Ensure there are no clumps.
- Add the parmesan and season with salt and pepper as needed. Simmer on low for3-4 minutes.
- Add the cooked pasta into the sauce and stir to evenly coat the pasta.
- Place the coated pasta into a casserole dish and spread evenly. Top with extra parmesan and bake for 25 minutes or until the top is golden and bubbly.
Shop for the Australian Organic Food Co. Tomato Passata online at auspantry.com