Pumpkin, Spinach and Ricotta Lasagne Recipe
This lasagne recipe is a winner – you will be thinking about the silky smooth pumpkin sauce for days! Pro tip: swap Parmesan for Gruyere if you want to bump up the luxe factor (or just add it in with the Parmesan!) You won’t regret it!
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 45 minutes | Serves 4
- one pouch Pumpkin and Sage Pasta Sauce
- 50g butter
- sage leaves
- 375g smooth ricotta
- one egg
- one cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- lasagna sheets, uncooked
- washed spinach leaves
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
1. Melt the butter in a pan and add the sage leaves. Let the sage bubble on a low to medium heat for 4-5 minutes.
2. Turn the heat up to medium and add the sauce. Stir to incorporate the butter and simmer on medium for 10 minutes, lightly seasoning with salt and pepper as needed. Set aside to cool.
3. In a food processor, add the ricotta, egg, and Parmesan. Blitz until all ingredients are well incorporated.
4. To construct the lasagna, lay lasagna sheets, add pumpkin sauce, spread ricotta, lay spinach, and repeat. For the final layer, sprinkle ricotta with parmesan rather than spinach.
5. Cover with foil and bake for 35 min. Uncover then bake for a further 15 min til golden.
Shop for the Australian Organic Food Co. Pumpkin and Sage Pasta Sauce online at auspantry.com