Pear & Rhubarb Danish Recipe
Impress yourself and your loved ones by making flaky Pear & Rhubarb Danishes. With our delicious danish recipe you’ll make pastries that look as though they are straight from a cafe!
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 40 mins | Serves: 6
PEAR & RHUBARB DANISH INGREDIENTS
- Australian Organic Food Co. Apple & Pear Puree
- 1 fresh pear
- 400 g rhubarb stalks
- 75 g caster sugar
- Puff pastry
- 1 beaten egg
- Lemon juice
- 50g caster sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Thinly slice the pear with 2-3 slices for each danish. Trim the rhubarb stalks and cut into 5 cm pieces.
- Toss rhubarb and pear in caster sugar with an additional 1-2 tbsp water. Place rhubarb and pear in a baking dish, cover with foil and roast for 15 minutes until the pieces are tender. Remove from the baking dish and allow to cool completely.
- Cut the puff pastry into 11cm x 11cm squares. Position the puff pastry square with a corner pointing down towards you and fold the top corner down to meet the bottom corner. Using a sharp knife, trace a line along the bottom corner, keeping a 1cm distance from the border, from the left edge to the right but don’t cut all the way through each side. Open the square back out and then pull the bottom and top corners to the opposite corner to create a twist on the other two sides.
- Place on a lined baking tray with a few centimeters in between. Glaze the edges of the pastry with the beaten egg and pipe a few streaks of the Apple & Pear puree into the middle of each pastry. Fit two or three pieces of rhubarb and pear into the middle of each square (you may layer the pear and rhubarb).
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the pastry has risen and is golden.
- In the meantime, make a lemon glaze by heating up lemon juice and sugar with 25ml of water in a saucepan. Bring to boil and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove pastries from the oven and allow to cool before glazing with a pastry brush.
Shop for the Australian Organic Food Co. Apple & Pear Puree online at auspantry.com