Mushroom and Potato Pot Pie Recipe
Everyone gets their own pie with this perfect winter-warmer (yay!) but you can enjoy this recipe family-style by using a large pie or casserole dish and covering it with puff pastry. For a cheesy surprise, sprinkle on your favourite cheese before covering with puff pastry for some cheesy goodness!
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 45 mins | Serves: 12
- 2 tbsp oil or butter
- 1 onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 leek
- 500g your favourite mushrooms
- 2 potatoes
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup preferred milk
- 1 pouch of Potato & Leek Soup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh or dried thyme, to taste
- Puff pastry
- 1 egg
- Shredded cheese of your choice (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. Wash all vegetables; mince garlic; thinly slice mushrooms, leek and onion; and peel and dice potatoes into 1cmx1cm cubes.
3. Heat the oil or butter in a large pan on high heat. Add the onions and cook until the edges brown.
4. Lower the heat to medium. Add garlic, let cook until fragrant then add the potato and let cook for 4 minutes.
5. Add flour and milk, and mix until all flour lumps have dissolved.
6. Add the Potato & Leek Soup, thyme, salt and pepper and mix together.
7. Lower heat to low-medium and simmer with lid on for 10 minutes.
8. Trace the size of the top of the ramekins onto the puff pastry and cut using a knife, cookie cutter or even a glass rim of a similar size.
9. After letting the mixture simmer, stir to check its consistency. If it is too runny, let it simmer for another few minutes with the lid off; if it is too thick, add a little bit of water and stir.
10. Fill the ramekins 3/4 of the way full with the filling then top with the puff pastry.
11. Make an egg wash and brush the tops of the pastry.
Shop for the Australian Organic Food Co. Potato & Leek Soup online at auspantry.com