Apple Cinnamon Pancakes Recipe
These apple cinnamon pancakes are the perfect dessert disguised as a breakfast – if you’re a fan of apple pie, you’re going to love this recipe! The secret to getting them tasting like an apple pie is adding a touch of nutmeg. The amazing part of this recipe is that you can easily substitute the dairy-containing ingredients for non-dairy substitutes for a vegan treat!
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Serves 4
- half cup Apple and Pear Fruit Puree
- six grams baking powder
- two teaspoons cinnamon powder
- half teaspoon nutmeg
- two hundred grams flour
- one granny smith apple
- whipped cream
- pure maple syrup
1. Wash, peel, and dice the apple into small cubes.
2. Melt butter in a fry pan and add the apple cubes. Cook until softened, about 3-4 minutes. Set about ⅓ aside for pancake toppings.
3. In a large bowl, mix the baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and flour together.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk milk and puree together. Gently incorporate the wet ingredients into the flour mixture to create a batter – be sure to add them in three or four batches.
5. Once a batter has formed, fold in the apple mixture.
6. Spray a clean pan with oil. When heated, add a spoonful of the batter to make a pancake to your preferred size. Cook for 5 minutes on each side, or until light brown and golden.
7. To serve, top with whipped cream, maple syrup, butter, and apple mixture that has been set aside!
Shop for the Australian Organic Food Co. Apple and Pear Fruit Puree online at auspantry.com