Veggie Tacos Recipe
Bend the culinary rules with this veggie tacos recipe that features a veggie-packed Bolognese sauce! It’s unexpected, but you’ll be chuffed with the results. Plus, who doesn’t love a hidden veg recipe?
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Serves 2
- one pouch Bolognese Pasta Sauce
- three hundred grams Quorn mince
- one brown onion
- one teaspoon ground paprika
- one teaspoon ground cumin
- half teaspoon ground coriander
- one teaspoon onion powder
- one teaspoon garlic powder
- half teaspoon dried oregano
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- red onion
- shredded cheese (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
1. To make the salsa, wash the cucumber, tomato, coriander, and red onion.
2. Dice the cucumber, tomato, and red onion into small cubes. Finely chop the coriander.
3. In a small bowl, combine the above ingredients and squeeze with the juice of half a lime. Toss to coat in lime juice and season lightly with salt and pepper. Set aside for serving.
4. To make the taco filling, wash a brown onion and dice.
5. Heat up a pan with neutral oil. Once heated, add the onion. Stir and cook on medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until the onion has become translucent.
6. Once the onion is translucent, add the Quorn. Stir frequently to avoid burning the mixture. Continue to cook on medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
7. Add all of the spices and cook for another 2 minutes until the spices are well incorporated into the Quorn.
8. Lower the heat and pour in one pouch of Bolognese sauce. Mix to incorporate the sauce and let simmer on low for 10 minutes to reduce the sauce. Season with salt and pepper throughout to your preference.
9. Remove from the heat and construct your tacos with the fresh salsa and your favourite toppings!
Shop for the Australian Organic Food Co. Bolognese Pasta Sauce online at auspantry.com