Family Pumpkin & Sage Pasta Bake with Seedy Crumble Topping Recipe
Ever struggled to get veggies into a small human who doesn’t like eating their veggies? If so, this pumpkin & sage pasta bake with seedy crumble topping could be the solution to all of your problems.
It’s the meal to impress those that are hard to impress and bring the fussiest of eaters over to the light side and be excited to eat veggies.
Don’t believe us? Try it for yourself!
Family Pumpkin & Sage Pasta Bake with Seedy Crumble Topping
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
11/2 tablespoons organic pumpkin seeds
11/2 tablespoons organic pepitas
¼ cup organic flaked almonds
1 tablespoon organic Tamari (or light soy sauce)
500g organic rigatoni
1 tablespoon organic olive oil
2 cloves organic garlic, thinly sliced
200g button organic mushrooms, sliced
400g pkt Australian Organics Food Co. Pumpkin & Sage Pasta Sauce
120g organic baby spinach leaves
200g organic Danish feta, crumbled into large chunks
Seedy Crumble: Method
- Place seeds and almonds into a dry non-stick frying pan and heat gently over medium heat until just crisp. Pour over tamari and toss quickly to coat. Cook until tamari has evaporated, and seeds and almonds are crisp and coated. Set aside to cool.
Pasta Bake: Method
- Preheat oven 200°C/ 180°C fan forced.
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pan the pasta was cooked in, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and mushrooms cook 2-3 minutes or until mushrooms have softened.
- Add baby spinach and Australian Organic Food Co. Pumpkin and Sage pasta sauce and heat through until spinach has just wilted.
- Stir in cooked drained pasta and crumbled feta. Spoon into 8 cup (2 litre) baking dish. Sprinkle over seedy crumble and bake 10 minutes until heated through. Serve immediately with salad.
You can find the Pumpkin & Sage Pasta Sauce here on Auspantry